Dunster is the place for a romantic getaway, whether it be a weekend break or honeymoon. And the ideal place to pop that very special question. Why not propose:
- in bare feet walking along Dunster beach;
- in your walking boots on the heather clad moors of Exmoor that surround the village;
- on top of our very own fairy tale castle;
- on Lover's Bridge in the Castle gardens;
- in one of our fabulous restaurants; or
- simply by the fire in a charming cottage.
Dunster is a unique one stop destination for weddings, ceremonies and services. It offers a wide range of wedding services including:
- three unique wedding venues all approved for civil ceremonies, weddings and partnerships;
- a parish church for religious ceremonies and blessings;
- a range of venues for receptions;
- a wide choice of accommodation;
- designer bridal services; and
- gifting ideas, jewellery & wedding stationery.
Discover Dunster and fall in love.....
with the romance capital of Exmoor
Dunster Castle is one of the most romantic venues in Somerset. Imagine making an unforgettable entrance down the magnificent 17th century staircase lit by Tudor windows and chandeliers. The castle with its sub-tropical gardens and a Lovers Bridge, overlooks the medieval village.
The Tennants Hall is approved for up to 55 people and the Inner and Outer Hall for 80 people.
Weddings are always bespoke, individual and intimate. It offers 28 en suite bedrooms, many with fireplaces, romantic four poster beds and period features. AA Rosette Dining in Psalter's Restaurant. Our team of chefs, led by Barrie Tucker, create inspiring menus using local seasonal produce. Hotel services and dedicated wedding coordinator. Approved for up to 60 people.
Civil ceremonies and partnerships, receptions
Receptions and accommodation
All wedding and reception venues in the village are close to a wide variety of B&Bs, guest houses, hotels and self catering accommodation. Why not make a long weekend of it!
All venues work together to make sure that whatever size wedding, whatever your unique needs, they can be met in the medieval village of Dunster.
There is a wealth of information and wedding services in and around Dunster including entertainment, photography, florists, hair and make-up artists, transportation and taxi services, outside catering, mobile bars, yummy chocolates, cakes, decorative ideas and venue stylists.
Many services are recommended and details can be provided on request.
Parham House Brides
Parham House Brides is renowned for designer wedding dress collections, bridal accessories and shoes. Owned by Susan Hinckley, the shop was voted as ‘Outstanding’ by brides in the Wedding Industry Awards 2013. Exclusive appointments can be made at her shop in Church Street, Dunster.
Dunster medieval village
Graham Pritchard Photography